This is a flavourful hearty stew is guaranteed to fill you up! It’s loaded with beans, which are super healthy for you because they are high in fiber and antioxidants. One thing I don’t recommend, is eating this and then going to the gym…your peeps might not be impressed if you gas out the room! For some fast nutritional facts about beans, check this link out. Let’s get this started cause I’m hungry! In dutch oven or heavy bottomed fry pan, heat coconut butter over medium high heat. Add onion and celery and saute until soft. about 5 minutes. Add garlic and heat through. Add stock, both kinds of potatoes, salt and pepper. Boil mixture until potatoes are semi-soft, about 10 minutes. Add beans, chickpeas, tomato paste and molasses and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Keep an eye on the pot, stirring once in awhile so nothing sticks to the bottom. Adjust flavor with salt, pepper and a dash of hot sauce optional.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and slice thin
- 2 stalks celery, leaves included, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, passed thur a garlic press
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 pound red potatoes
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 x 15 oz beans (any kind you like), rinsed and drained
- 1 x 15 oz chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp unsulphured molasses
- top with 1 tbsp of fat-free sour cream and dash of hot pepper sauce…optional!