Leftovers for breakfast, what are you thinking! You bet, grab the season ground turkey from last night’s dinner and let’s create some excitement for your morning egg routine! Ground turkey is a way to pack in some extra protein in your breakfast without adding the extra fat and calories from bacon…don’t get me wrong, I love bacon, but only once in awhile. Be sure to toss in some green onions, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms, the more the merrier!
- 8 egg whites
- 1 pound (454 g) lean ground turkey
- 2 cups (480 ml) shredded spinach
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mixed chopped veggies, peppers, mushrooms, onions
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed through garlic press
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
In a frying pan reheat ground turkey slowly. Add garlic, veggies such as green onions, peppers, spinach and mushrooms, toss together gently. Whisk eggs in separate bowl. Pour over mixture and stir. Wait to add tomatoes till the very end so that they don’t get mushy, enjoy!